1. People are not allowed to enter the park after midnight because lack of security.
A B C D
2. I'd rather to stay at home than go out at weekends.
A B C D
3. John's mother thought that chocolates were bad to him .
A B C D
4. She is tired with being asked the same thing everyday.
A B C D
5. They asked me what did happen last night, but I was unable to tell them.
A B C D
6. A. golden B. grove C. chosen D. cover
7. A. sunrise B. shut C. business D. summer
8. A. lose B. women C. prove D. movie
9. A. cheap B. child C. chair D. chemist
10. A. lift B. sign C. light D. might
11. Glass is usually ________ sand.
A. made from B. made of C. made by D. made with
12. They worked hard ________ they could pass the final examination.
A. since B. because C. in case D. so that
13. The weather was terrible. I wish it ________ warmer.
A. were B. was C. has been D. had been
14. The students in this class were made ________ very hard.
A. learning B.having learnt C. learn D. to learn
15. Up to now, I ________ a lot of information about her.
A. will learn B. learnt C. would learn D. have learnt
16. How ________ is your father?
A. alive B. tall C. high D. single
17. My parents first ________ each other at the Olympic Games in 1982.
A. had meet B. met C. have met D. meet
18. She has worked as a secretary ________ she graduated from college.
A. since B. until C. before D. while
19. Jim is five centimeters ________ than Tom.
A. higher B. taller C. tallest D. tall
20. If I had time, I ________ to the beach with you this weekend.
A. will go B. will have gone C. would have gone D. would go
21. His pronunciation causes me a lot of ________.
A. difficulties B. difficult C. difficulty D. difficultly
22. Jack insested that he didn't need any help, ________ I helped him anyway.
A. but B. besides C. however D. so
23. My uncle ________ you met yesterday is a lawyer.
A. which B. what C. whose D. whom
24. The old man is said ________ all his money to an old people's home when he died.
A. have left B. to leave C. to have left D. to leaving
25. Don't waste time ________ that broken vase.
A. mending B. mend C. for mending D. to mend
26. She failed the test, ________ she studied hard.
A. as B. in spite of C. despite D. although
27. Hung: "Thank you very much for a lovely party." – Hoa: "________".
A. Thanks B. Have a good day C. You are welcome D. Cheers
28. When I came to visit her last night, she ________ a bath.
A. is having B. was having C. has D. had
29. Dien Bien Phu is the place ________ our army won a resounding victory in 1954.
A. where B. that C. what D. which
30. He had no ________ of selling the clock – it had belonged to hes grandfather.
A. interest B. intend C. intention D. meaning
31. I knew they were talking about me ________ they stopped when I entered the room.
A. because B. so that C. despite D. therefore
32. I regret ________ you that your application has been denied.
A. inform B. to have informed C. to inform D. informing
33. Neither you nor I ________ responsible for the bad result.
A. are B. be C. am D. is
34. Wait here until I ________ you.
A. am going to call B. call C. will call D. am calling
35. The sick man still finds it ________ to stand without support.
A. comforting B. discomfort C. uncomfortable D. comfortable
The world's first film was shown in 1895 by two French brothers. Although it only (36) ______ of short, simple scenes, people loved it, and films have been popular ever since. The first films were silent, with titles on the screen to explain the story.
Soon the public had (37) ____ favourite actors and actresses and, in this way, the first film stars appeared. In 1927, the first "talkie", a film with sound, was shown and from then on, the public would only accept this kind of film.
Further improvements continued, particularly in America , (38) _____ most of the world's films were produced. With the arrival of television in the 1950s, (39) ____ people went to see films, but in recent years cinema audiences have grown again. More countries have started to produce films that influence film making and there are currently (40) ______ national film industries.
36. A. considered B. consisted C. held D. belonged
37. A. your B. their C. his D. our
38. A. who B. which C. where D. when
39. A. other B. each C. any D. fewer
40. A. much B. lots C. plenty D. many
41. We lived in that ______ on the corner.
A. old house brick small B. brick small old house
C. small old brick house D. house brick small old
42. He took his seat quietly ________.
A. so as not to disturb their conversation B. so as to disturb their conversation
C. in order not disturb their conversation D. in order for him not to disturb their conversation
43. If I had enough money, ______.
A. I will buy that house B. I could buy that house
C. I can buy that house D. I am buy that house
44. _____ that no one would ask for tips.
A. The tourists found it strange B. The tourist were strange to find
C. The tourists found strange D. It found strange tourists
45. Dr Sales is the person____.
A. in that I don't have much confidence B. whom I don't have much confidence in him
C. I don't have much confidence D. in whom I don't have much confidence
It is very important to have healthy teeth. Good teeth help us to chew our food. They also help us to look nice. How does a tooth go bad? The decay begins in a little crack in the enamel covering of the tooth. This happens after germs and bits of food have collected there. Then the decay slowly spreads inside the tooth. Eventually, poison goes into the blood, and we may feel quite ill.
How can we keep our teeth healthy? Firstly, we ought to visit our dentist twice a year. He can fill the small holes in our teeth before they destroy the teeth. He can examine our teeth to check that they are growing in the right way. Unfortunately, many people wait until they have toothache before they see a dentist. Secondly, we should brush our teeth with a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day – once after breakfast and once before we go to bed. We can also use wooden toothpicks to clean between our teeth after a meal. Thirdly, we should eat food that is good for our teeth and our body: milk, cheese, fish, brown bread, potatoes, red rice, raw vegetables and fresh fruit. Chocolates, sweets, biscuits and cakes are bad, especially when we eat them between meals. They are harmful because they stick to our teeth and cause decay.
46. Good teeth mainly help us to ____.
A. look nice B. chew our food C. look important D. have good eyesight
47. When food and germs collect in a small crack, our teeth _______.
A. become hard B. make us feel quite ill C. begin to decay D. send poison into the blood
48. A lot of people do not visit a dentist until ____.
A. they have toothache B. they have holes in their teeth
C. they have brushed their teeth D. their teeth grow properly
49. What may be most harmful to our teeth?
A. red rice B. raw vegetables C. fresh fruit D. sweet things
50. The best title for the passage would be _______.
A. "How to keep our teeth healthy" B. "How to make our teeth nicer"
C. "How to clean our teeth" D. "How to keep our teeth ever white"
Theo Đề thi trắc nghiệm